USA Gymnastics announces 2016 U.S. Olympic Men’s Gymnastics Team
Update 7/15/16: John Orozco suffered a knee injury during training and has withdrawn from the team. He is replaced by Danell Leyva.
ST. LOUIS, June 25, 2016 – USA Gymnastics today announced the five men who comprise the U.S. Olympic Men’s Gymnastics Team that will compete at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The team was announced at the conclusion of the 2016 U.S. Olympic Trials for men’s gymnastics. The three replacement athletes will be named on the morning of June 26.
The members of the 2016 U.S. Olympic Men’s Gymnastics Team, pending approval by the United States Olympic Committee, are listed below.
- Chris Brooks, Houston, Texas/Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center)
- Jacob Dalton, Sparks, Nev./Team Hilton (University of Oklahoma)
- Sam Mikulak, Newport Coast, Calif./Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center)
- Alex Naddour, Queen Creek, Ariz./Team Hilton (USA Youth Fitness)
- John Orozco, Bronx, N.Y./Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center)
The women’s team will be named following the conclusion of the U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Women’s Gymnastics, scheduled for July 10 at SAP Center at San Jose (Calif.). All athletes named to the U.S. Olympic Team are subject to the approval of the United States Olympic Committee.
The members of the Men’s Selection Committee are: Steve Butcher; David Durante, athlete representative; Kevin Mazeika, men’s national team coordinator; Kip Simons; Yoichi Tomita; and Dennis McIntyre, USA Gymnastics vice president of men’s program (non-voting).